Thursday, July 15, 2010

Stitching Thoughts

Over the past week, I have been stitching a Heart sampler. It has a big "quilted" heart in the middle, made out of different color stripes, like puzzle pieces. The whole sampler - the whole stitching process - reminds me lately of a puzzle: the picture consists of so many different pieces, shapes, colors, stitch variations. Will I be able to see the whole picture? That's what life is like for me too.
Eventually, though, I will see the completed sampler. It will be finished. Will I see the life's complete picture - that's another story.
On a non-philosophical, practical end of things - I have found a temporary job. Nothing big, just a couple of days, but exactly what I need after a long "break" from working. Wish me luck...

1 comment:

  1. You see in life what you choose to see, I see in your work a series of questions, the answers lay within the work. I think you do well to see that you, as your work is beautiful.

    if one looks too deeply, one misses the overall picture, which is splendid

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a word! I really appreciate your comments.