Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Quilt Sampler and Thrift Store Treasures

Last week, I finished my Quilt Sampler. Hearts reminded me of cookies, and I constantly wanted to snack. Then, I had to find a good frame for it. Where is the best place to find a good, affordable frame? Thrift Store!
I went in there for the frame, and left with four bags of things. What treasures I found! Old cross stitch magazines. Embroidery patterns. Dolls. Stuffed toys. And - the biggest surprise - a completed and framed cross stitch! Here it is... My main treasure.
Who would throw away such a beautiful piece? I can't imagine. Well, lucky me. Now it is hanging on the wall of my new "office space".
What else? Ah, dolls. One is a collectible - came with a stand, a certificate and in a closed box. Another one I liked because of a crocheted dress and hat - she feels comforting.

Then, there were a few soft toys - two bags, exactly... Most of them went to the girls, but I picked three - a team - for my office. Here they are.
And finally (drumroll!) - the main reason for the trip, the Quilt Sampler. Here it is, finished and framed.


The frame fit perfectly, and the shabby look did match it very well. I am happy with it.
Now - off to the new projects! Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a word! I really appreciate your comments.