Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all, even though it is a week late! This year Christmas and New Year simply snuck up on me; I barely had time to turn around and - flop! - I was caught unawares in the midst of all the holiday bustle. Presents, shopping, cooking, cleaning, -  holiday preparation tasks give me a headache. So much attention has been paid over the years to what to get my loved ones for the holidays, what to do and how to make the season more special, that, by the time it's all done, I have always been too tired to enjoy it. This year I wanted to do something different by not doing too much. I wanted this holiday season to be quiet, with only closest friends and family around. And - I succeeded. That is, this was the least exhausting and by far the most fun holiday season for me yet.
As for the End of the Year results - I have an End of the Year finish to share. My Celestial Lady cross stitch is finally finished and framed.

Celestial Lady

 She is sitting on the cloud between the Sun and the Moon,  with the Zodiac circle whirling around her...



It took me five years - on and off - to get her completed. Now she has taken a place on the wall above my chair to serve as inspiration for new projects. So far she's been doing wonders.
In the New Year I wish all of you health, love, happiness and  - inspiration... 

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Katya (and to Joe),

    Very beautiful artwork.

    We had a more hectic Christmas-time because of family difficulties. Also, we had an Eastern Orthodox Christmas on January 6th because our kids were busy or working during the last of December.

    In the Light,
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog :) I appreciate it!

    WOW, she is gorgeous!! BEEutiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan, thank you so much. Hope that New Year will be better for you and your family.
    Becky, thanks! Your stitching is an inspiration to all of us that stitch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a word! I really appreciate your comments.