It seems this is the time for firsts. The other day I posted my first design; yesterday I received my first blog award... In my experience, all things come in threes, so I wonder - what is the third "first" in store?
My first blog award is called The Liebster Blog.
Leibster is a German word meaning favorite, dearest or beloved. The Leibster is awarded by bloggers to other new (and not so new) bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers., to help spread the word and help the new talented bloggers gain wider recognition.
The Leibster award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy:
1. Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers to award the Liebster to
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
Thank you so much, Michele, for choosing me as one of your winners. Your blog Stitches is interesting, creative, and true. If I could, I would give it a "Cute-free" award. (I hope it came out as a compliment - I don't like "cute" things.)
The five blogs I chose for this amazing award are...
1. Laura at Cross Stitch A to Z
2. Jeanine at Made by Pien
3. Chris at Always Smiling
4. Kathy at Kathy's Stitching Blog
5. Nadezjda at MamaTita
Each one of these ladies is very creative, please visit their blogs and see for yourself.
Five random facts about me... Hmm, that could take some time. One fact I already shared...
1. I don't like "cute" things. Bunnies, fluffy sad-eyed toys, "baby" voices some adults use when speaking to children - they annoy me. Because of that, some people find me "rough" or even "rude" (quoting the sources). But, that is just the way I am.
2. I do not like Disneyland. This dislike was so sudden it was a surprise to me. I was there with my kids one winter when I suddenly saw it not as an amusement park, but as one big shopping mall... with lines for attractions. From that day on, I don't like Disneyland.
3. My favorite shows are "Family Guy" and "Rescue Me." To some who know me it may seem strange because I (almost) never curse and don't laugh at tacky jokes. But to me, the first show is the basic and funny illustration of the current problems in society (and tacky jokes fit in), and the second show is as real as life is - so cursing often seems appropriate...
4. My favorite color is blue - the darker the better. I cannot stand pink.
5. For a long time, I have been able to convince my children that I had invisible eyes in the back of my head.
Thank you, and have a wonderful day!
Cute is sticky...yuck. ROFL I totally got what you meant. Never been one for overtly cutesy stuff. But I will admit that on occasion, it's like a Freudian slip and it seeps out of the woodwork from me. I then GASP! O.o and clean up. LOL I find your posts and thoughts interesting too so there. XP Congratulations Sweetie...enjoy the moment of acknowledgement.ReplyDelete
Haha, I`m a member of the Anti-Cute League as well! And I had a similar experience in Disneyland Paris. And my favourite colour is blue!!! Gosh, Katya, maybe we`re related?!? We must be, because even the eyes in the back of the head seem to be a family trait... :))))ReplyDelete
Ermmm, sorry to be Dumbo but what am I supposed to do next, if anything? If the answer`s "just wait" then ok but I`m going away for two weeks in a few days` time and won`t be near a computer. Oh, I almost forgot: congrats on your award!!!
Laura, we do have a lot in common!ReplyDelete
What to do:
First, you copy the award picture to your computer and put it on your blog. Then, select 5 blogs with less than 200 followers to give the award to. Think of 5 random things about yourself you can share, and then write your post. That is pretty much it.
Thank you so much!