Friday, May 9, 2014

All In Stitches

Good morning, my dear friends!
For the past month, I have been stitching non-stop every day and night. I have been working on several projects - in fact, still working on several projects - for my stitching service. Until now, though,  there was not much to show for it in terms of pictures. So, I stayed away from posting, firmly believing that a stitching post has to have images.
So - here is the picture of my first ever official Model Stitching project.



I would call it my "live and learn" project. It was stamped cross stitch, done in three threads, with lots and lots of back stitching. I had to remember how to stitch the stamped work so the back does not look like hieroglyphs - and I recalled the technique that my host mother taught me a long time ago. It takes more thread, but in the end result the back looks like a basket weave and provides support for your work, like a back panel.


Overall, this was a great, valuable, interesting learning experience. One thing that I realized - alas, after the fact - that one has to be careful with back stitching... I have always done straight line back stitching in longer increments on stamped cross stitch - when I looked at the project, in the end it seemed to make no difference between shorter or longer stitches. But, I guess, when it comes to model and photography - everything makes a difference. Now I see (I guess) that the border does look a little ... wavy? It was not visible to the naked eye. Oh well, I did my best. I will keep notes for the new stamped cross stitch project that comes along.
Until next time... happy stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a word! I really appreciate your comments.