Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cackle, Cackle, Mother Goose...

Some time ago I purchased in the thrift store a soft toy - Mother Goose. When looking at her, I thought of my unfinished project - Mother Goose squares that were stitched some six years ago, intended to be but never turned into pillows. I brought her home and put her away until later - that is, until I could finish my pillows...
For Christmas, my loving and caring husband got me a sewing machine - a dream come true! Right after I figured out the basics, my first project was Mother Goose pillows. Stitching was surprisingly problem-free, and soon I, with the help of my Executive Pillow Stuffing Supervisor (daughter Rita), had a set of four pillows.
I washed Mother Goose and - oh, no! Her beak ripped and fell off... Rita looked at me and asked, "Doctor, will she make it? " That is how I made my first soft toy repair - I made a new beak for Mother Goose. Consdering that I had no idea what I was doing, I think it was not so bad. Except, maybe, the choice of material - but I did not have any yellow, and it matched the backing of the pillows.
Here is the pic of the final outcome of this experiment....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a word! I really appreciate your comments.