Monday, October 7, 2013

A Gift for a New Baby

Ten days ago my nephew's wife had a daughter. I crocheted her a baby afghan and stitched her a card.


Well, it was meant to be a card, anyway... When I finished stitching and it was time to make the card, I discovered that -  my Craft Glue was missing! My daughter was working on a school Biology project, making a model of an animal cell, and... well, the glue was MIA. So, my husband suggested, "Why don't you just frame it?" The frame fit perfectly, the mat looked like it was made for it...

It is a Joan Elliott design, but I changed the fabric and also modified the colors to make it a bit brighter. Also, I added the nose to the baby's face, and made the mouth slightly bigger - seemed like the right thing to do.

On another note - my bead box with all my beads that was missing for a long time was returned today. (Thank you fairies!)

Now I am on to crocheting a mini shawl for a handmade doll I have... Wonder if it will make me loose my marbles? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a word! I really appreciate your comments.