Saturday, December 20, 2014

A Christmas Finish!

Do you remember my "first experience" post about a Christmas design and hand dyed threads? 
Here is the finished ornament! 

"Woodland Dreams" by Blue Ribbon Designs
Just Cross Stitch Magazine, Christmas Issue
To finish it, I used red felt for the backing, rickrack "gingerbread" trim and a two buttons from my "hard-earned" Nancy Turner collection/ stash, and - a needle and some red (cranberry) thread... This year's ornament was sewn entirely by hand, - no sewing machine, no glue, no staples... Even if I say so myself - I think it turned out better than ever. I am proud! 



Not not sure whether this year's ornament is just smaller than the previous ones, or perhaps I found the right amount of stuffing to put in. Compared to it my last year's ornaments look like miniature overstuffed pillows... 
Then again, maybe I am just getting better at it. 


MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a word! I really appreciate your comments.